Wednesday, April 2, 2008

reflections.

Its been 4 weeks. Since Monday that i walked into that recruitment office feeling so lost, that the entire hospital was an entire maze that was just too huge. It didn't take more than 2 weeks for me to get used to the place and more or less to the things i had to do.

I got used to the tasks. And after a while, got used to the way people there do things. And pretty much know their true colors. I guess its something that is pretty nasty, but something that cannot be hidden for too long. Cos the layer of varnish gets washed off and worn off with time.

Its sad how just some indifference can bring so much disunity to a team. On the other hand, it is also amazing how if a team worked together, there is so much that can be achieved. There is endless potential that has yet to be tapped on.

Its been a good, fufiling 4 weeks and there's barely a week left to work here.

I have no idea why, but working in the hospital, it brought back memories about grandma more than ever. Her birthday just passed a few days ago and that really doesn't make things any better. To top it off, there is this lady in the department that i am working in that looks so much and talks so much like grandma. It is not very hard to imagine her as grandma. She is so proud of her grandchildren. She seems to know them inside out, knows the way to work around and get things done. It is just amazing how a grandmother's love is. No matter how annoying or cute a kid is, her love never changes.

I miss grandma, so much.

I remember her on the bed at alexandra hospital. She was trying to be happy when i went over to visit her after school and was so delighted to see me. I brought her a pack of chicken noodles. I think she liked it. I am not sure it was her favourite noodles, but i guess she didn't have a choice cos the rotten disease was just wrecking up her body. It was saddening to see her in that state. It is just not her. Its not the grandma i wish to remember.

I remember her last birthday with us. I bought her a sunflower. She was so amused that she kept telling grandpa about it. We went for curry fish head, her favourite stuff cos she loves cleaning out the fish meat from the bones. She tells me its the most tasty and tender part of the fish. It was time to order drinks. She looked at me and asked if i would like to share a can of greentea with her. I was most delighted. I still remember that look. That meal.