Hey Brian,
Congratulations on receiving the letter of commendation. I know i didn't quite do a good job on setting the tone for the morning. For that i would like to apologize.
Now, i want to say hey, you've done exceedingly well. I don't know how to say this enough. I am not sure this is what you have been looking for cos you just did your best in camp cos you figured you had to do it anyway. Whether it was like shitwork or taking pictures of dengue mozzies, raiding drains, staying up till like ungodly hours doing numbers, being interrupted by your extremely inconsiderate girlfriend who kept making noise about the crap you were doing. Conducting courses, reading up and being on top of whatever you had to do.
I guess army is just about something i will never ever understand no matter how much you tell me about it. You did it. You got a great commendation, testimonial and ORD certificate.
You've done well. I am very proud of you.
You've earned it.
With love,
Rachel