Saturday, March 8, 2008

Lazy Afternoon

Its an extremely lazy afternoon. Just got back from a Malay wedding a while ago. I have to say that Malay weddings are just awesome. I mean there's no waiting for ages for the thing to start, no cheesy yumseng stuffies, no boring stuff.

It's pretty cool how everyone is so close to everyone in the Malay community. Almost everyone is involved in the the wedding. And the guys have to clear the tables. LOL! But yeah, its cool. We saw the guy's relatives bringing the dowry back to the house. And mind you, their dowry is like whoa. Money. Jewelry, flowers, food.

Its way cool.

I think the dowry thing doesn't exactly make sense. I mean why do you pay the girl's parents? Just cos you appreciate them for bringing up the kid? To me, its like selling your girl away. The amount of dowry you get represents the worth of the person and personally, that is extremely dumb.

Call it tradition if you wish. I call it rubbish.
-

Its been ages since i got to laze at home on a Saturday afternoon. I've been thinking about things and it seems like things are so busy and that there will always be things happening unless you say no.

Work starts on Monday. I think i am looking forward to it. Just that i absolutely abhor the part about wearing formal attire. Its just crazily uncomfortable and stuffy and whatever else. But its good. Work gives you cash so that part is fine. (: And to think that my wishlist is getting no shorter, its good.

Dad says that unless i stop biting my nails, i won't get a new pair of glasses. I honestly think its senseless. I mean what do nails have to do with glasses? Yeah, i bite my nails so what? Its not like you don't tear them. I am buying nail polish and moisturizer.

This is an extremely random entry cos i am so absolutely bored and trying not to sleep. But i guess its not working very well.
-